Iris Is Officially Over...

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Iris Is Officially Over...

Unread post by KLind »

Old?

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/view ... 460#378460

Building Buzz for 'Halo 3'

A low-key, low budget campaign does more with less, whetting the appetite of the blockbuster video game's fanatical followers.

By Aaron Halabe

This year, Christmas Day will come exactly three months early for millions of gamers who await Halo 3, Microsoft's wildly popular first-person shooter game.

The growing anticipation of the September 25 release was deftly nurtured by a unique viral marketing campaign, dubbed "Iris," which engaged gamers in a high-tech scavenger hunt that aimed to broaden the audience for the Xbox 360 title along the way.

More than 50 people from 20 Microsoft teams contributed time, coding expertise, and industry contacts to bring the online campaign to fruition.

The project launched in June and wrapped up August 16, unfolding as a virtual treasure hunt in five episodes. A mysterious voice guided thousands of participants as they uncovered clues and puzzles at various server locations. Each location revealed previously untold details about the Halo game trilogy, which tracks Master Chief's epic battle to save Earth from conquering aliens.

The campaign generated the buzz organizers hoped for. "Getting mentioned on gaming blogs was good, but when we got interview requests from "The Wall Street Journal," that's when we knew we achieved critical mass," said Aaron Elliott, online marketing manager for Xbox Global Marketing. "It's about breaking out of the hardcore and getting into the mainstream."

Microsoft predicts that Halo will become a $1 billion franchise by year's end, helped along by one million pre-orders for Halo 3. Customers purchased 14.8 million copies of two previous versions of the game, and Halo Nation fanatics worldwide snap up licensed merchandise, best-selling books, music soundtracks, a new Marvel comic, even a Halo-inspired Zune player.

Marketers hope to extend the game's appeal beyond its hardcore fan base and to drive sales of the Xbox 360 console.

"Halo 3 competes with the largest entertainment IP in the world," said Jerret West, Xbox senior global product manager. When Halo 2 debuted in November 2004, it generated $125 million in opening-day revenues, "which was bigger than any movie opening at the time," West added. "We've since been passed by a couple of movies, but on September 25 th, we're looking to take back that top spot."
There were way too many hints at this in server 5, but now it seems official. Good show!

Last edited by UnrealCh13f on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:48 am, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: JUST RENAMED TITLE DUE TO CUTOFF
The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Iris officially over?

Unread post by The Se7enth Prophet »

Since when is Unifiction the end-all, beat-all in this ARG?

We're still waiting and hoping. As far as I'm concerned, the ARG's objective still hasn't been achieved.

Also, there's plenty of hints that there is still something else to come.
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

Did you read that article? Who would fake that stuff? I'll work on another source, but There's tons of signs that it's over that aren't in the article. Review the stuff from Server 5.
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

Also Aaron Elliott, online marketing manager for Xbox Global Marketing is a real employee. Not just the fictional SOTA member.
Power to IRIS
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Power to IRIS »

...This ARG is far from over...the clues point to it going until at least early September...
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

Power to IRIS wrote:...This ARG is far from over...the clues point to it going until at least early September...
What clues? The Eurogamer article that states:
It's designed to give us more information on how the great conflict all began, as we build up to the climactic conclusion of the series on 26th September.

What Clues? Most all of the stuff I see points to it being over with server 5.
VoiceofDissent
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by VoiceofDissent »

I want a real source or I don't buy it. No disrespect to anyone or their "dad", but some guy on a forum is not a real source to me.
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

You know this might be a hoax?

Just for them to play with us. ;)
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

I realize it could be a hoax, but it all adds up.

The Terminal theory will finish the flood story. FCC could always have been expounded upon, but there purpose was to lead us to server 2. Jonas and The Castaway Theory have served their purpose. SOTA could always continue (and if Iris is still going, I think this is where it will happen) but there purpose was to alert people about Iris.

In someways I think they were telling us it's over in server 05. Terminal picture. Glyph is showing there, and assuming it's referencing terminals in H3, it's saying "The story continues in Halo 3". Also in the audio transmission, it's saying it basically line by line:

"The future is out of my hands"

"infinite answers have shifted"

"You redeemer now hold the keys" It's up to us now. To finish the fight?

"Tomorrow" AKA the future "Things may be clearer but I will not be here to witness the clarity" I will not be here for my actions of firing the Halos to be redeemed.

"More Records Remain" Terminals.

"Depths You are not yet ready to grasp" Month til launch?

"Walk upon the footfalls of empty dust, living where your kinds bones make soil" Future earth.

plus this server file:
MB05032.txt:

You asked me once, what happened to those who vanished?
You asked me, why did we survive where our fathers fell?
You wished to know how we ever let it happen
A scourge that consumed the galaxy
And the cure that was worse than the cancer
You asked me once about my intent
And the spot that would not wash out
I promise you the answers lie in the Ark
Find me there in the dark
For that is where I abide

And in the video:

{//}And the adversary succeeds,
it will remain an enigma forever
{//}With no-one left to reclaim it.

We're the redeemers, Master Chief is the Reclaimer.

Just look at the stuff in Server 05 with that in mind, and it soon becomes apparent the meaning. Sure things could have been explained more, but I have closure...