Infestation JPEG

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Infestation JPEG

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:We've had it answered definitively in recent online and print articles about Halo 3; I'll use spoiler tags in case anyone out there really does not want to know anything going into the game:

[spoiler]The Ark is the massive artifact in Africa that we see in the E3 trailer.[/spoiler]
Thanks. But could you please post a link or at least tell me where I can find this?
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

ProfessorHojo05 wrote:Thanks. But could you please post a link or at least tell me where I can find this?

I don't know if leaks are allowed on any bungie.org site, heh, but search youtube for "tsavo highway campaign cutscene" there should be only one result and that is it. There is a cutscene near the end where Miranda Keyes informs us of the status of the object you want to know about.
NightFalcon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightFalcon »

In fact the home planet of the Ark is also mentioned in the Server 5 Log:
"The thing we built on that world will vouchsafe their lives"
So I would not think that the Ark is located on Mars.

I don't know what is the importance of Mars through the game but I would like to mention 2 other points where Mars is involved in Halo:
1st: In the first Halo Arms Race trailer Mars is mentoned as the home planet of one Marine. We can see a marine standing in front of the camera and some tiny green letters being typed next to his head. If you have the video in Hi Res and Zoom in you may be able to see that he is called Martian.

2nd: In the first Episode video we can see the following frame (picture taken from wikibruce)
Mars-Episode1video.JPG
Mars-Episode1video.JPG (25.38 KiB) Viewed 6314 times
What do you guys think?
By the way today is the full moon isn't it? I wonder if Jonas Volman will give us a clue... ;)
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Don't forget Chiron! I think it's stated somewhere that it is either on mars or in orbit around mars.
NightFalcon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightFalcon »

Yeah Chiron is one mars I remember that. So this means that Spartan clones were being trained on Mars?
Interesting...