Check this out. Something to ponder *IMG*

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

NateTheNewt
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Check this out. Something to ponder *IMG*

Unread post by NateTheNewt »

So I put this together, obviously the top picture was easy to figure out and the second picture IS Pangea, and I think I may have even found the picture they photoshopped to make their picture...

im uploading the area of the main picture that is covered in that one, its not the way it should normally look. if you look closely you can see that the landmass you can see if Canada and Alaska, which always were connected to America, even around the time of Pangea's formation. but as soo as it hits the outer edge of the glyph the land that should be there isnt.

hopefully my computer wont poop out befor this pic finishes uploading... wanna know was funny about that sentance, i have comcast high speed internet and im uploading to photobucket, THAT is how awesome my computer is...
SPARTAN_G294
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by SPARTAN_G294 »

NateTheNewt wrote:So I put this together, obviously the top picture was easy to figure out and the second picture IS Pangea, and I think I may have even found the picture they photoshopped to make their picture...

im uploading the area of the main picture that is covered in that one, its not the way it should normally look. if you look closely you can see that the landmass you can see if Canada and Alaska, which always were connected to America, even around the time of Pangea's formation. but as soo as it hits the outer edge of the glyph the land that should be there isnt.

hopefully my computer wont poop out befor this pic finishes uploading... wanna know was funny about that sentance, i have comcast high speed internet and im uploading to photobucket, THAT is how awesome my computer is...
Does anyone else have the feeling the moon phases in the corner have something to do with the eclipse on the 28th. Although if that were to be true the moon would need to be about 3500 km more to the East according to this website. Still great find on the map of Pangea, but what is it's dating?
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

no, the top picture isn't a lunar cycle - the source of light is the center, so it can't be the earth. The central object is representative of the sun. What the outer sphere is is likely the earth, but could be any celestial body. Considering it's earth and pangaea below it, I'd say it's the earth and sun.

The image you overlaid for it is the lunar cycle, and note the source of illumination for the outer sphere isn't the inner sphere. The diagram is similar, but it is different.

But I do believe it is the same picture you found which they used for the pangaea diagram, so good sleuthing there ;)
VoiceofDissent
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by VoiceofDissent »

thebruce wrote:no, the top picture isn't a lunar cycle - the source of light is the center, so it can't be the earth. The central object is representative of the sun. What the outer sphere is is likely the earth, but could be any celestial body. Considering it's earth and pangaea below it, I'd say it's the earth and sun.

The image you overlaid for it is the lunar cycle, and note the source of illumination for the outer sphere isn't the inner sphere. The diagram is similar, but it is different.

But I do believe it is the same picture you found which they used for the pangaea diagram, so good sleuthing there ;)
You're right about the orbit cycle at the top. I originally thought it was a lunar phase, and then, due to the same line of reasoning involving the light source, decided it is more likely a star and planet (presumably our sun and earth). The thing is, there have been quite a few references to the moon so far... quite honestly, we don't know for sure what it is.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

If you look at the chart the mid-line between the dark an light areas if vertical. But every one knows that the earths axis is tilted in relation to its orbital plane. The tilt which gives us our seasons i think would be important enough to be on the chart. If the central figure is a star. Then maybe the thing in question is a planet that always has the same side facing its sun. Hell it might just show the phases of the moon an to who ever the chart was meant for, the Earth didn't apply to its needs.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

System Failure wrote:If you look at the chart the mid-line between the dark an light areas if vertical. But every one knows that the earths axis is tilted in relation to its orbital plane. The tilt which gives us our seasons i think would be important enough to be on the chart. If the central figure is a star. Then maybe the thing in question is a planet that always has the same side facing its sun. Hell it might just show the phases of the moon an to who ever the chart was meant for, the Earth didn't apply to its needs.
One side of the moon always faces the earth. And it takes one complete lunar cycle for one "day" passes on the moon. Thats if you define a day as the sun's light falling on every surface over the course of a rotation of some sort.
Yavanna
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Yavanna »

a quick google search and i found this

the image shows pangea's rough position to the pic from server 05. 225 million years ago seems like a stretch when comparing the relative time of other Iris related events (more on the order of 100,000 years ago). still maybe it shows the forerunners had interest in earths past geological history too?
ARGpirates
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by ARGpirates »

Hey I'm new to participating, but I caught up & have some thoughts on this.

All references to the ring activations being 100,000 years ago have been based on the "100,000 local years" on Delta & Alpha halos. Since these rings orbited gas giant planets, maybe it is possible that these worlds had much longer planetary cycles & therefore the ring activations occured long, long ago in Earth years?
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Yavanna wrote:a quick google search and i found this

the image shows pangea's rough position to the pic from server 05. 225 million years ago seems like a stretch when comparing the relative time of other Iris related events (more on the order of 100,000 years ago). still maybe it shows the forerunners had interest in earths past geological history too?

I'll quote myself from the Speculation forum:
MulletedOne wrote:http://www.ig.utexas.edu/research/proje ... 3d9825b3d0

Looks like the "Pangea" is from the Early Jurassic period, 200 million years ago.
This map is more detailed than the one you posted, but it still roughly the same geologic time period. If you sit this and cycle_response next to each other, the continents match.

Now the question is, how is the Early Jurassic important?
katai-te
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by katai-te »

I think they go by Earth years.
I think the rotating glyphs are a countdown or cycle to 100,000 years. Obviously the activation of the ark has some predetermined activation process. And the servers are primed to be opened on a scheduled basis. If the servers act like tumbles on a lock, then that means that they are safety features that prevent activation. The halos have a much less secure method of activation. I mean all you have to do is stick a key in a computer. But the ark is more... dangerous and the Forerunner wanted to be sure that it took a lot before the ark was just fired. So I think the activation of the servers is predetermined and the glyphs are like hands on a clock that turn and represent different times. They count down to activation.