Check this out. Something to ponder *IMG*

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Fiddle
Data [Conditional]

Check this out. Something to ponder *IMG*

Unread post by Mr Fiddle »

Thoughts?
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Check this out. Something to ponder *IMG*

Unread post by the new one »

My my, really nice coincidence, now my thoughts are running wild...

Centre of glyph spot, the ark?

Dot pointing to earth crust, give you Africa?

I need to consolidate thoughts, QURANTINE!
DC Tactical
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DC Tactical »

That really means nothing, and it's quite obvious. The image of the Earth from the inside is just a few circles. Nowhere on it would it imply that it represents a glyph. Heck, I could put a glyph on an halved orange from my fridge, post it here, and ask "thoughts?"
Anton P. Nym
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Anton P. Nym »

Try rotating the "spokes" of the glyph to see if they can match up with the chasms shown in the image. If we get a match there, then I'll start considering the significance.

-- Steve'd also be interested if the "gap" in the glyph lined up with the San Andreas fault, and then the spokes indicated useful locations on the globe.
DC Tactical
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DC Tactical »

I think now people are just 'reaching' to find something from nothing.

--As DC looks down in the toilet at his own poop that has formed into a circle with bumps, he yells, "Eureka! I've found it!"
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Why is it that everytime someone tries to find meaning to the glyph that usually has earth involved, all I read is "Coincidence!" "Reaching at straws" or "you're wrong".

I just wonder how many of you realize the earth really has that many circles in it. Crust, Mantle, Outer Core, Inner Core. Some debate whether there should be a circle dividing Upper Mantle and Lower Mantle, thus it varies from graph to graph. This one has the Mantle as one layer.

The fact that the circles on the glyph line up with the crust and the edge of the CORE of Earth. Where was the shield world kept in Onyx? In the CORE of Onyx.

I think it's more than mere coincidence.
Mr Fiddle
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mr Fiddle »

I actually meant to post this in the speculation forum. Sorry, mods.

As for "Just reaching to find something", well, that's how you find stuff. :roll:

They gave us the earth image for a reason. I'm just throwing an idea out there to play with. When this is all over with, I guess we'll find out if this idea has any significance at all. Same goes for the message I heard in the first server audio played in reverse. I still think that has some value, but of course, it got shot down, too.
live faust:die jung
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by live faust:die jung »

I also have been considering this. as soon as we were given both the cycle_response and the terminal images, i've thought they were maybe related to one another. the fact that the scaling of the crust and core to the center circle of the glyph and the outside circle seem like too much coincidence actually be coincidence.

<speculation>i wonder if perhaps earth were originally named iris by the forerunners. that would explain the near-pangea earth on the right that would match the 'cyber eye' portion of terminal.</speculation>

i would also like to see the same glyph image with the glyph rotated so the 'inner' spoke touched (or lined up with, at least) the little big cali-dip in the crust. (did someone say San Andreas fault?) unfortunately i do not have the software to edit such an image myself. anyone else?
SPARTAN_G294
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by SPARTAN_G294 »

I think that this is supposed to make us figure out a specific time during Pangea's break-up.

If so, how?
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

That does make sense. The inner circles could be the "sun" inside of the dyson sphere. There is also the double p" layer in the earth, between the mantle and core. Maybe Bungie might tie that in as some Forerunner facility inside Earth.