Check this out. Something to ponder *IMG*

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Check this out. Something to ponder *IMG*

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

ARGpirates wrote:All references to the ring activations being 100,000 years ago have been based on the "100,000 local years" on Delta & Alpha halos. Since these rings orbited gas giant planets, maybe it is possible that these worlds had much longer planetary cycles & therefore the ring activations occured long, long ago in Earth years?
Katai-tae is right--it's Earth years:
Halo Story Page Joe Staten interview, 2004 wrote:HSP: 343 Guilty Spark says, "Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it? Having considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed." How much time is he referring to?

JS: 100,000 years. Give or take.
Halo Story Page Joe Staten interview, 2006 wrote:HSP: When did the Forerunner die off - in human years?

JS: Inscrutable alien beings with problematic ethics never die... they just fade away. But if what you're asking is: when did the Forerunner take their "Great Journey," that would be about 100,000 years ago - around the time our Homo Sapien ancestors decided to migrate out of Africa. Mind you, that's a hotly debated paleontological theory.