Server 5 General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

RoflSalad
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server 5 General Discussion

Unread post by RoflSalad »

Crimson Shade wrote: So the forerunners built the Ark to protect earth. Interesting.
That means that the firing of the object (presumably the ark) in the announcement trailer wasn't destructive.
It was beneficial.

-Crimson
Of course, on an off note, It's more than likely NOT the ark; It would make sense for it to be there, yes, but why have it on a place where nobody knows about it? (Assuming that humans never knew)
Raigns
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Raigns »

How come on halo3.com, right after "status unlocked" (server 5) it has what appears to be ".htt" (http?)?
Kashaku
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kashaku »

Never mind that for a second...Last night shortly (i don't remember the exact moment, it was within the hour) before the server was unlocked, Halo3.com's backdrop vanished, revealing nothing but black instead of the lightning storm animation. I remember someone speculating that this may indicate that they are updating the content

It's black again right now

Are they fixing the error? adding content?

Edit: It's gone back to normal (that was fast)...I think they are just trying to fix it, as it still has the HTT.
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Kashaku wrote:Never mind that for a second...Last night shortly (i don't remember the exact moment, it was within the hour) before the server was unlocked, Halo3.com's backdrop vanished, revealing nothing but black instead of the lightning storm animation. I remember someone speculating that this may indicate that they are updating the content

Edit: It's gone back to normal (that was fast)...I think they are just trying to fix it, as it still has the HTT.

Maybe there is a hidden link in there? Anyone decompile the swf to see it?
EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

Never mind that for a second...Last night shortly (i don't remember the exact moment, it was within the hour) before the server was unlocked, Halo3.com's backdrop vanished, revealing nothing but black instead of the lightning storm animation. I remember someone speculating that this may indicate that they are updating the content

it does that all the time on my computer, it just has trouble loading, if you reload it comes back
Kashaku
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kashaku »

MulletedOne wrote:
Kashaku wrote:Never mind that for a second...Last night shortly (i don't remember the exact moment, it was within the hour) before the server was unlocked, Halo3.com's backdrop vanished, revealing nothing but black instead of the lightning storm animation. I remember someone speculating that this may indicate that they are updating the content

Maybe there is a hidden link in there? Anyone decompile the swf to see it?
No, But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night......

Actually, I did find the ServerStatus.aspx file...which i beleive is what the swf reads to display the "Status" of each server...coding in thh swf must be off, as the last one on the severstatus.aspx file doesn't look any different from the others....and the current issu, it saying UNLOCKED, HTT fits with the text as it is UNLOCKED, and then the url...
theShadowfox
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by theShadowfox »

The anomalous world is in a perilous location beyond the line.
{/The secrets it holds must be preserved/}
{/Plans within plans within plans/}
The inhabitants; these unique denizens, must be researched.
They may hold answers to our own mysteries.
{/What irony that we discovered this treasure, only at the end of things./}
{/But what fortune that we still had time to save them./}
The thing we built on that world will vouchsafe their lives,
{/But perhaps one day it will be used for its intended purpose./}
If the plan succeeds, and they are saved, it will be a good world.
If the plan fails,
{/And the adversary succeeeds./}
it will remain an enigma forever
{/With no-one left to reclaim it./}
"Plans within plans within plans." This was a popular phrase among the characters of the Dune series by Frank Herbert. Especially in the first few books. Could this be where Bungie got the idea for personal sheilds?
Last edited by theShadowfox on Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
InSane_KiD
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by InSane_KiD »

OMG did anyone read Ghosts of Onyx. or did you just forget? The core of Onyx is basicaly is the ark. A two meter wide room with supercondensed matter in slipstream dimensions making the inside of the room seem like the size of a planet making it impervious to any thing outside the room (remember the FENRIS warheads dentonated just outside the portal) including a massive galaxy wide detonation of halo structures. either there is something like this on earth or that is it.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

InSane_KiD wrote:OMG did anyone read Ghosts of Onyx. or did you just forget? The core of Onyx is basicaly is the ark. A two meter wide room with supercondensed matter in slipstream dimensions making the inside of the room seem like the size of a planet making it impervious to any thing outside the room (remember the FENRIS warheads dentonated just outside the portal) including a massive galaxy wide detonation of halo structures. either there is something like this on earth or that is it.
I believe that the room in the core of Onyx is a prototype of the mechanism that "protected" Earth in the first firing of the Halos
AI_Construct
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by AI_Construct »

So, is IRIS over?