Server 5 General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

theShadowfox
Data [Conditional]

Re: Server 5 General Discussion

Unread post by theShadowfox »

retina wrote:
You asked me, why did we survive where our fathers fell?
Wait, I thought that if this was AR, and fathers were the forerunner, then:
You asked me [AR], why did we survive where our fathers [Forerunners] fell?
Doesn't that mean then: "why did we [humans] survive where our fathers [Forerunners] fell?"

Is this another reference to the Human-Forerunner connection?

And by the way, I am not new here, I have another account named JustAHunch with a decent amount of posts.
We aren't descendants of Forerunners. They found us. They found Earth. They didn't create it. They were intrigued by the life on Earth thats why they stayed and studied us.
RoflSalad
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by RoflSalad »

theShadowfox wrote:We aren't descendants of Forerunners. They found us. They found Earth. They didn't create it. They were intrigued by the life on Earth thats why they stayed and studied us.
Correction: We MAY be the descendants of Forerunners. They MAY have found us; MAYBE not. They DID find Earth. They didn't create it. They were intrigued by the life on Earth and that's why they stayed and studied.
theShadowfox
Data [Conditional]

RoflSalad wrote:
theShadowfox wrote:We aren't descendants of Forerunners. They found us. They found Earth. They didn't create it. They were intrigued by the life on Earth thats why they stayed and studied us.
Correction: We MAY be the descendants of Forerunners. They MAY have found us; MAYBE not. They DID find Earth. They didn't create it. They were intrigued by the life on Earth and that's why they stayed and studied.
They existed 100k years ago. We existed 100k years ago. The comic proves this; they were gods to humans in Africa. We CANNOT be descendants of Forerunners.
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

i may be wrong, and this is just my opinion, but the texts seem to imply that we are nearly the same as the forerunner once were only that there is at least 1 difference that makes us more suited to beat the flood. so, i think we are what will evolve into something very much like the forerunner. but it also seems obvious that reclaimer when used by GS343 is simply the forerunner term for human. also, the forerunner weren't nesisarily good, i find it funny that everyone seems to overlook this idea. its possible that they did many many many immoral experiments on humans and created beings much like spartans. after pondering for a while on this idea, i am not so sure i want to meet a forerunner afterall. the only thing i cant figure out (in my theory, at least) is what characteristic would set us apart so much that they think we can pass where they failed.

just my two cents,
-Ben
Kurk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Kurk »

Perhaps we as humans are of the same species as the forerunners, but they were simply incredibly more advanced then us. Think of it in the same way the Aztecs thought of the European invaders as "gods", with their advanced technology and different customs.
DocOctavius
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DocOctavius »

I think some of you guys are missing the entire point of these text messages in the videos. Bungie is trying to tell us that we AREN'T related to the forerunner- maybe our evolution was accelerated by them, but we are an entirely different species, found by the Forerunner right before they fired the Halos the first time. I think that's the whole point of this ARG- the story element of revealing the true nature and attitude of the Forerunner at the time of their disappearance. The story is fairly simple compared to the overthinking and crazy speculation we've been doing for years- try not to read into stuff too much. The story, once completely revealed, must make sense to a large audience, so it's not going to be some mind-bending concept because that would alienate the average consumer/gamer.
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

theShadowfox wrote:
RoflSalad wrote:
They existed 100k years ago. We existed 100k years ago. The comic proves this; they were gods to humans in Africa. We CANNOT be descendants of Forerunners.
I think it would be wise not to completely rule out the possibility that we are the descendants of the Forerunner. It is implied that we were discovered by them - and it is implied that the machines were around at the time of Homo Sapiens (but the details of this are very sketchy). But Bungie has known for a good while that the human-forerunner relation is out there. They have given hints that can go both ways. I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe the purpose of server 5 is just for us to question this connection while starting the Halo 3 storyline. I mean, would it be any fun if we knew that the Forerunner were our daddies?? The evidence is pointing towards no, but not 100% no.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

theShadowfox wrote:
RoflSalad wrote:
Another name for "God" is "Heavenly Father", buddy... Literal blood-descendants? Probably not... but the fact remains that the quote is definitely talking about the Human/Forerunner relationship... I believe that they were watching over humans (oddly, God-like), studying them... oh, and that's exactly what the Server 5 downloads point to. What a co-inky-dink.
theShadowfox
Data [Conditional]

ii otnemem ii wrote:Another name for "God" is "Heavenly Father", buddy... Literal blood-descendants? Probably not... but the fact remains that the quote is definitely talking about the Human/Forerunner relationship... I believe that they were watching over humans (oddly, God-like), studying them... oh, and that's exactly what the Server 5 downloads point to. What a co-inky-dink.
Too many Christians...
I said gods. Plural. Not singular. That means several. God in christianity/for hebrews/islam= Heavenly Father. God(s) in other religions=deity(s) of power.
Drop Christianity people.(Do you all honestly believe Bungie would end this game series with Biblical references? ITS A SCIENCE FICTION GAME!)
I don't disagree that there is a Forerunner realtionship, but you guys are blowing it out of proportions. They had power/machines, we worshipped them. End of story. They didn't make us but, they may have accelerated our culture like SOTA (Why else would Bungie give us clues that lead to their website?) believes an extra-terestrial race did. I doubt they did experiments on us. And if they did they were probably mundane, like blood tests.
As someone pointed out, Forerunner machines called Humans reclaimers. In the Log5 transcript of server 5, the reason may be shown.
(Ark idea probably wrong too. --->)And may be the Ark is just a system to nulify whatever the Halos produce to kill sentient life. So all of Earth is the Ark.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

theShadowfox wrote:
ii otnemem ii wrote:Another name for "God" is "Heavenly Father", buddy... Literal blood-descendants? Probably not... but the fact remains that the quote is definitely talking about the Human/Forerunner relationship... I believe that they were watching over humans (oddly, God-like), studying them... oh, and that's exactly what the Server 5 downloads point to. What a co-inky-dink.
Too many Christians...
I said gods. Plural. Not singular. That means several. God in christianity/for hebrews/islam= Heavenly Father. God(s) in other religions=deity(s) of power.
Drop Christianity people.(Do you all honestly believe Bungie would end this game series with Biblical references? ITS A SCIENCE FICTION GAME!)
I don't disagree that there is a Forerunner realtionship, but you guys are blowing it out of proportions. They had power/machines, we worshipped them. End of story. They didn't make us but, they may have accelerated our culture like SOTA (Why else would Bungie give us clues that lead to their website?) believes an extra-terestrial race did. I doubt they did experiments on us. And if they did they were probably mundane, like blood tests.
As someone pointed out, Forerunner machines called Humans reclaimers. In the Log5 transcript of server 5, the reason may be shown.
(Ark idea probably wrong too. --->)And may be the Ark is just a system to nulify whatever the Halos produce to kill sentient life. So all of Earth is the Ark.
Too many ASS-umptions...
I never said I was Christian (and just because someone points out -- because they ARE there for a reason; it isn't taboo to parallel an epic story of good vs. evil, redemption, zealotry and sacrifice with the most quoted and most popular book EVAR -- the biblical references in Halo, it doesn't make them Christian, either). Also, even "gods" (as in plural) are also referred to as "fathers" (Homer called Zeus the "father of gods and men").
When we say "they studied humans", I don't think anyone got the idea that the Forerunner did "experiments" on humans... that's just absurd. But they definitely observed, watched and tried to learn about us. [/rebuttal]
The thing that puzzles me about the Log 5 transcript is that it ends: "...with no one left to reclaim it." Reclaim what? There are a lot of nouns in the previous sentences that "it" could be, but the one that proper English would say it was is the same it as "...it will be a good world", meaning Earth. So, if Humans are the Reclaimers, then is it the Earth is able now to be "reclaimed" or "taken back", or something else? Or are we using the word "reclaim" too much, and ascribing it as a specific in the cases that it should be left as a generality?