Terminal.jpg General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Terminal.jpg General Discussion

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Facultas Tempestas wrote:(if you didn't know what Bungie was before Halo, consider yourself a noob!).
In my book a noob is someone who wasn't there for GNOP.

I'm thinking that what we all think is an eye, is the terminal itself. It looks to be floating above a pedestal of some kind. If this whole image is the opening screen of a terminal, it's pretty, uh, garish for the Halo design ethic.

And I always felt the new AR avatar looked sort of like Marathon's maps. The first Marathon featured a map with several hidden messages—among them was "JJARRO WERE AT TAU CETI." (Yes, "Jjaro" was misspelled.)
phantomvortex
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by phantomvortex »

Has anyone else noticed that the eyeball-ish image in the pic looks what I assume is the Ark in announcement trailer? Notice especially that radiating sections in the "eye" look very much like the panels that rise in trailer just before the blast.
WhatPfhor
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WhatPfhor »

First, I'd be very surprised if they used a Marathon style terminal system as a required part of the Halo campaign. It would such a departure from the gameplay of CE and 2. I would imagine they would be hidden or and end-of-level aspect. And face it, kids don't want to read. (sigh, it was the best aspect of Marathon...)

But back on topic, the pedestal mentioned by Maimbot looks quite similar to those found on High Charity. I would bet the "eye" image (which I think looks more like a monitor, but that's another matter) is the avatar (a la Cortana) of a forerunner AI.
WhatPfhor
Data [Conditional]

Huh, snowballing here, but we're assuming we would read at these terminals. Perhaps we find them in game, the Forerunner AI pops up and talks to us, and we get to listen to snippets of forerunner history. That way they can keep up the pace of the game. and would aid co-op play by not watching some guy stand at a terminal.

It would fill the void left by Cortana as the Cheif's travelling companion/smarter half.
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

I would like to say Cortana is in no way a forerunner AI she is a UNSC product.

Marathon had lots of ties to Halo in the past 5 and half years, but with the Terminals it would fill in the void of the gaps of the stroyline because it will tell more of the story than the cut-scences and dialogue will.

(Btw, Gnop was the best mac game back in the 90's intill Marathon came. ;))
WhatPfhor
Data [Conditional]

I didn't mean to imply that Cortana was forerunner. Clearly she is Human-made. Just drawing a similarity and speculating on a Forerunner AI role.
wyoming19904
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by wyoming19904 »

is it just me or is the figure on the right strikingly similar to guilty spark/ pentinent tangent (perhaps AR if he is indeed a monitor of a halo installation)

--sorry WhatPfhor didnt see your post
Dsandrcok
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Dsandrcok »

i think the image on the right in terminal could be a planet.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

I think its a terminal.
necroslumber
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by necroslumber »

The image on the left does resemble a monitor. What if the monitor is a terminal and what we are seeing is how to access the terminal in the monitor by dilating the iris to see inside.