XO7

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

WarZombie
Data [Conditional]

XO7

Unread post by WarZombie »

From Gamespot.com:

Microsoft still holding X07 in Canada
In July, Microsoft unexpectedly announced that it would not be holding its annual X0 games event in Europe. According to a statement issued by the publisher, it would instead be refocusing its marketing and advertising efforts on the launch of individual titles, such as Halo 3, Mass Effect, BioShock, and Forza Motorsport 2. While the European event is for the time being still canned, it appears the X0 event still lives on in Canada. According to Canada.com, Microsoft recently sent out an invitation for its annual event, and on display will be "exclusive demos and gameplay" from Microsoft Games Studio and "top-third party publishers." According Canada.com's invitation, the event will be held in Toronto on August 28.

Wasn't that guy Volman coming back on the 28th?

May have something to do with this ARG.
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Re: XO7

Unread post by Van Helsing »

I'd doubt Micrsoft would want to, or like to publicly indulge in an ARG for a game on one of their important press days.

But then again, they may well want to, who knows.
WarZombie
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WarZombie »

Not like that, kinda like how Server 2 opened during E3. This is another big event, and could reveal more about the ARG.
d'arjwood
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by d'arjwood »

In Canada? Cool!

But that makes it less likely that X07 will have anything to do with this ARG.
Power to IRIS
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Power to IRIS »

X07 is Microsoft's yearly E3-type event. It has absolutely nothing to do with this ARG yet and shouldn't be disscussed until there is a reason.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

I might have been able to weasel some press credentials being a writer for ARGN.com, but it appears it was private invites only, and I've got no inside connections, so boo... I'm an hour from TO, and it would be amazing to make it to an X event. *sigh*
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

August 28th is a total lunar eclipse. I suspect something ARG related will happen that day... dunno if it'll be at X07.
Bambi
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Bambi »

ii otnemem ii wrote:August 28th is a total lunar eclipse. I suspect something ARG related will happen that day... dunno if it'll be at X07.
Just to run with this idea, the eclipse will be seen over most of North America, Western South America, Australia, and eastern Asia. According to this site, the total eclipse will happen around 09:52:00 UT. Again, can't be sure if it's completely significant, but it's worth a try.
Ceantari
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ceantari »

Bambi wrote:
ii otnemem ii wrote:August 28th is a total lunar eclipse. I suspect something ARG related will happen that day... dunno if it'll be at X07.
Just to run with this idea, the eclipse will be seen over most of North America, Western South America, Australia, and eastern Asia. According to this site, the total eclipse will happen around 09:52:00 UT. Again, can't be sure if it's completely significant, but it's worth a try.

There are two different eclipses: when the moon passes between the Earth and Sun and when portions of the Earth's shadow falls upon the Moon. So the date you're speaking of is referring to a total lunar eclipse on August 28, 2007. The partial solar eclipse won't be until September 11, 2007 (if that matters at all :/).
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Both eclipses may matter...

Edit: ^^^ -- These are awesome maps/graphs, BTW, nice find! Interesting that the lunar eclipse won't even be visible in the Cradle of Life (South Africa). Meh, oh well...