The "Official" How Did The Server Get Unlocked? Thread

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

KickAssElite415
Data [Undefined]

Re: The "Official" How Did The Server Get Unlocked? Thread

Unread post by KickAssElite415 »

Server 5 is bull crap
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

I think it's quite funny that I missed it being posted becuse i was on Bnet trying to work out what was going on (because every last one of them was claiming to have done it themselves) instead of camping on the CI/ABO irc and leeching (I know not everyone was, but some surely). I just wish i'd remembered UNfiction

The fact that the "prove you're not a bot" test thing was utter shite didn't help XD

Oddly enough though, ater it was all over, it was actually quite calming not having to race against others any more. My stupid fault for being so selfish. Before we found out about prizes, I only wanted to help unlock servers for the awesomeness of it, but when we found out I got all selfish and bastard-like

BTW, what's this thing about it not being an ARG?
Morpheus414
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Morpheus414 »

Crunchman wrote:
Ranger_000 wrote:DHalo popped into irc and posted the link. Thanks to him, us on irc had a chance to get a key...
*sigh*
And for that, we thank him.
Damnit, when was this?!?!

Probably the minute I left irc...
Rubicant2112
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Rubicant2112 »

SNPR did something ingenious....

I gotta credit him for that. He spread misinformation to do the one thing that most of us wouldnt expect....to slow us down.

I wouldnt have thought of that.

Now, lying about the metod of unlocking afterward was a bit much, but I gotta give him credit for slowing us down so he and his friends could get keys.

Surely this deserves a commendation for original thinking...

For the record, I'm neither a friend of his nor am I one of the few that got a key....

I'm just pointing something out. :)
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Doug52392 »

Server 5, which was soppost to be a height of the ARG, insted it was so stupid, technically challenged, geographically imposable, and poorly timed. Who in the hell would be up at 1:00 in the morning??? Not me! After what happened to me with server 4 (got a key, but STUPID RUNTIME ERROR!!!), i decided to forget staying up late and getting up early to unlock a server, but I still keep track of the ARG. Does Microsoft even realize we have lives? Figures, they want us to obsess over one of their products! I really think they should do this whole thing over and make it so we dont have to sit on the computer until 1:00 in the morning just to have a minuscule chance of getting a key. And what about people who were hundereds of miles away from those locations?
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

Doug52392 wrote:Server 5, which was soppost to be a height of the ARG, insted it was so stupid, technically challenged, geographically imposable, and poorly timed. Who in the hell would be up at 1:00 in the morning??? Not me! After what happened to me with server 4 (got a key, but STUPID RUNTIME ERROR!!!), i decided to forget staying up late and getting up early to unlock a server, but I still keep track of the ARG. Does Microsoft even realize we have lives? Figures, they want us to obsess over one of their products! I really think they should do this whole thing over and make it so we dont have to sit on the computer until 1:00 in the morning just to have a minuscule chance of getting a key. And what about people who were hundereds of miles away from those locations?
They don't expect us to be up or not or either involved with the ARG, they don't care.