MB05032 General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Re: MB05032 General Discussion

Unread post by supremely »

Echelon Three wrote: While I could see Onyx being used by Reclaimers had everything gone to plan, Onyx became a mostly useless world...unless Halsey, Mendez and the Spartans come in later in any story arc.
weeeell... i guess if you were to repopulate humanity then those guys are there for a reason. and if halo 3 has MC stopping the halo activiations then eh... they're in a prettier place now... but as it was they were looking for a way out, who knows what they'll find in there!
Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Echelon Three »

supremely wrote:
Echelon Three wrote: While I could see Onyx being used by Reclaimers had everything gone to plan, Onyx became a mostly useless world...unless Halsey, Mendez and the Spartans come in later in any story arc.
weeeell... i guess if you were to repopulate humanity then those guys are there for a reason. and if halo 3 has MC stopping the halo activiations then eh... they're in a prettier place now... but as it was they were looking for a way out, who knows what they'll find in there!
Heh, seriously. Only problem is that the SPARTAN-IIs are sterile from their bioaugmentations; I'm not sure about the SPARTAN-IIIs but judging by the fact that they were put under more augments than the -IIs I wouldn't be surprised if they were sterile too.
ShortRoundMcfly
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by ShortRoundMcfly »

I don't think they were sterile. They had a reduced sex-drive.
RoflSalad
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by RoflSalad »

ShortRoundMcfly wrote:I don't think they were sterile. They had a reduced sex-drive.
Actually, I think, (And I can go check in a bit) That the reduced sexual-drive was a negative afteraffect of the BAs; It wasn't something intended, in other words.
Master D0rk
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Master D0rk »

[quote="RoflSaladActually, I think, (And I can go check in a bit) That the reduced sexual-drive was a negative afteraffect of the BAs; It wasn't something intended, in other words.[/quote]

reduced sex drive was a negative afteraffect of the Bachelor of Arts??

I always thought reduced sex drive was a negative side affect of marriage.

Sorry, I'm tired.

Yes, the augmentations caused a reduced sex drive, per one of the books.
Anton P. Nym
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Anton P. Nym »

ii otnemem ii wrote:Why has nobody mentioned this:
MB05032...gif was the name of NAR's avatar in the B.net forums...
Take a look at Terminal.jpg from Server 5 and NAR's avatar:
image snipped

Coincidence? No. What does it mean? No idea.

Oh, and MB05032 had NOTHING to do with MacBeth.
I mentioned an idea on this over on the unfiction forums; the idea seems just too good to be false, but I haven't made much headway on it. I think the overlap between NAR's avatar and Terminal.jpg is important... look at the detail of the "iris" to the right, and it matches up with the "petals" from the Ark we see in the Halo 3 announcement trailer. So the "iris" could be a representation of the Ark. Per the text message from server 5:
I promise you the answers lie in the Ark
Find me there in the dark
For that is where I abide
I think there's a clue for reaching NAR hidden in the "pupil" of the iris in terminal.jpg, probably in the vicinity of where the circled "J" from NAR's avatar would be when overlain. However, in my brief peeks I haven't found it.

-- Steve just wishes he weren't marooned in the office, and could ponder this further.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

I still think this is a part of something on the achievements list.
Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Echelon Three »

DHalo wrote:I still think this is a part of something on the achievements list.
Agreed, I think we'll get our chance to do this in Halo 3...unless part of Bungie's playtests involve taking a trip to a gigantic African underground artifact.
Rizzon
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Rizzon »

Bungie have used MB05032 two times now. Maybe we didn't discover what they wanted us to discover the first time(.gif file) and they are sending us a reminder??