MB05032 General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

kirioni
Data [Conditional]

Re: MB05032 General Discussion

Unread post by kirioni »

I guess this is all spoiler if it is right

[spoiler]at the end of onyx, the last Spartans ,aside from MC go into a slipspace pocket, if you will. Basically if the rings go boom, there are still reclaimers, humans left. In a lot of the halo stuff, like the first trailer it mentioned sward and shield. Swords being the ring world,s and shields being the safe havens against the rings being fired. I am guessing Humans survived the first detonation because of the shield, again just a theory[/spoiler]
RoflSalad
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by RoflSalad »

kirioni wrote:I guess this is all spoiler if it is right

[spoiler]at the end of onyx, the last Spartans ,aside from MC go into a slipspace pocket, if you will. Basically if the rings go boom, there are still reclaimers, humans left. In a lot of the halo stuff, like the first trailer it mentioned sward and shield. Swords being the ring world,s and shields being the safe havens against the rings being fired. I am guessing Humans survived the first detonation because of the shield, again just a theory[/spoiler]

Ah, but here- The Earth is not Onyx. ;)

However, that doesn't mean it isn't similar. (Although, according to Bungie, there may be some time-skipping in H3)
So maybe not a slipspace pocket, but it seals them in a different time?
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LordOsiris »

kirioni wrote:I guess this is all spoiler if it is right

Yes, but that was the point of Onyx. To be a shield. the entire planet was constructed.
kirioni
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by kirioni »

[spoiler]I was thinking maybe that is what the signal at the end of Halo 2 was doing, starting the count down to close shield worlds. How did the humans survive the first firing? Did all the forerunners die, it would seem that something survived... in the dark, as the MB05032, perhaps grave mind got in a shield?[/spoiler]
kirioni
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by kirioni »

Why weren't there reclaimers on the shield world (onyx), wouldn't that be necessary for the world to have a purpose?
Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Echelon Three »

kirioni wrote:[spoiler]I was thinking maybe that is what the signal at the end of Halo 2 was doing, starting the count down to close shield worlds. How did the humans survive the first firing? Did all the forerunners die, it would seem that something survived... in the dark, as the MB05032, perhaps grave mind got in a shield?[/spoiler]
See, but it references the spot line again; so whatever this is it's one of the AR constructs. It knows about that conversation it had on B.net where it quoted Macbeth.
Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

kirioni wrote:Why weren't there reclaimers on the shield world (onyx), wouldn't that be necessary for the world to have a purpose?
Okay, so now we know that humanity was supposed to be only on Earth for all this. At this point there were no Relcaimers. We can be pretty sure that Forerunner=/=humanity. [spoiler]Onyx was a Shield World for the Forerunner's purposes, not for humanity's, at least for the first firing. Now, after that the Sentinels that composed Onyx could have modeled Onyx after an Earth-like ecosystem; ONI did note that Onyx was almost too good to be true what with how it was environmentally.[/spoiler]
Zartael
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Zartael »

Iris really has busted a lot of pet theories floating around.
  • Humans =/= Forerunners.
    Prophets weren't our pet slaves that rebelled during the Halo firing and our to get us hence why we aren't allowed to join the Covenant and just KoS.
    Forerunners did not create the Flood through hubris/Frankenstien-allegory.
Just from the leaked name of the last level two levels, starting to get psyched. So much lore goodness incoming.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Why has nobody mentioned this:
MB05032...gif was the name of NAR's avatar in the B.net forums...
Take a look at Terminal.jpg from Server 5 and NAR's avatar:

Coincidence? No. What does it mean? No idea.

Oh, and MB05032 had NOTHING to do with MacBeth.
Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

ii otnemem ii wrote:Why has nobody mentioned this:
MB05032...gif was the name of NAR's avatar in the B.net forums...
Take a look at Terminal.jpg from Server 5 and NAR's avatar:
[BEEG IMAGE ZOMG]

Coincidence? No. What does it mean? No idea.

Oh, and MB05032 had NOTHING to do with MacBeth.
Nice find, I honestly forgot all about NAR's avatar.

As for Macbeth, one of the ARs did quote "Out, damn spot!" or something like that. I'm pretty sure the line where he says we asked about the spot that would not come out is referencing that, almost to show that this is one of the AR constructs. Nothing too deep, I agree; this just shows that OAR left something else behind for us to find, though he didn't tell us before he was terminated.