[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4581: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4583: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
args.bungie.org - View topic - [General Discussion] Server 3 Reward
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 [General Discussion] Server 3 Reward 
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post Re: [General Discussion] Server 3 Reward
Avateur, you beat me to the sentiments! :)

As much as we hate to say it, he didn't do anything "wrong", nor is anyone who is just in this for the swag. There are no "rules". There are only communities and the sentiments expressed by the mass - which is, please, take one a move along!

I do find irony in the people complaining that it's not about swag, then complaining when someone takes more than one. I do agree it's unfair, and I do agree that people who work for the servers should be rewarded. I'm glad Avateur mentioned that fact DHalo gave away his key by his own choice, and that's a very self-less thing to do.

And no, before I get jumped on - I'm not saying this because I managed to finally get a key for server 5 - there's no guarantee I'll get anything since I don't believe anyone else from Canada has reported receiving anything. That puts me in the same boat as anyone outside the US who's helped unlock a server. Also, I've always said these very same things since the beginning, so nothing's changed here. Also, don't say I deserve a key, because I'm as much a player as anyone else, even if I maintain an organized wiki.

The fact of the matter is,
1) as Avateur said, what's done is done.
2) There are no rules about reward claiming
3) "reward" isn't defined here as "solving the puzzles leading up to the server", it's simply, from the entity's perspective, helping unlock - which means claiming a key
4) The community exists for a reason - to help each other, to encourage sharing of information and entertainment - selflessness is encouraged, but not required: people will like you and respect you more, however, if you are like that
5) Hating on people for not breaking rules is discouraged
6) This is not an ARG
8) This is a marketing campaign with prizes
9) There is a backstory that is being unveiled over time, but that does not an ARG make
10) Be friendly, don't spam
11) If you must hate on someone, hate on the marketing team behind Iris (NOT Bungie) for their mistakes :P (even then, please try to avoid that, but rather be constructive)
12) I love point form summaries
13) This is lucky number 13. Only because there's no number 7 ;)

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Moderator [Designated]

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:22 am
Moderator [Designated]

DHalo and Avateur have just won the Internet.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Data [Authenticated]

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:55 am
Moderator [Designated]

DHL is a delivery company, like UPS or Federal Express (Fed Ex).

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:58 am
Profile WWW
Moderator [Designated]

DHL = Package Delivery Service.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:58 am
Moderator [Designated]

Woah, I think we did that at the same second. It didn't warn me about another post before me. XD

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:59 am
Data [Authenticated]

Ah, kool, thanks guys.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:00 am
Data [Conditional]

I think they should give some semi-public reward. For exemple, giving a mystery that, once solved, will give a code valid only for 1 day unlocking a special GamerPic. That would cost them nothing, that would reward the entire Iris community and only people who are following it, giving them some distinction.

Now, I got my key (well, I hope it'll be shipped to Belgium :P), but I remember the deception of the near miss with already 5 other openings (including the Server 02 false keys), giving something to everybody would calm the community and make people happy.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:54 am
Data [Undefined]

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next