[General Discussion] Server 3 Reward

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Bradxd
Data [Authenticated]

Re: [General Discussion] Server 3 Reward

Unread post by Bradxd »

You got a soundtrack already?!
EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

i think he means he has a halo soundtrack already, and they'll probably send him a signed copy
Bradxd
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Bradxd »

/confusion solved
swede33
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by swede33 »

Any update? I got a key from Server 4, but I'm worried since no one from Server 3 has even gotten a prize.
.Zip
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by .Zip »

I got a key from the fourth and fifth servers. I hope packages will be send in France
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

Is it possible that the last 3 prizes are copies of Halo 3 and they just have to be manufactured?

It's almost been a month since Server 3...Just speculating.
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

It's not a rule, but it's pretty uncool to do that. If you're in this just for the prizes, I suggest you leave immediately. Come on, you already beat the odds of getting in through Server 4 (which were worse because of the Run-time Errors). Why did you feel the need to try Server 5, too? We all like getting free stuff in the mail, but this ARG is NOT about the rewards. Those are, well, rewards. Rewards for following this ARG for the past few months so closely. They're not stuff to sell on eBay; they're trophies to say, "I helped advance the ARG!" But when people like you come along and get greedy, that's like stealing from the folks who deserve it. If you want free stuff, go to a garage sale and take the Free box; but don't steal a potentially once-in-a-lifetime shot from people who deserve it just because you want to get stuff. That is extremely bad sportsmanship and people who do that are not the type of people we want in this community.
.Zip
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by .Zip »

Ok stop judgin me, I took my second key and I know it's bad, but it's for a friend. In France the server 5 activation was at 7 a.m my friend was offline so i took the key for him. He followed the ARG with me and he has no key ...
You attack me instinctively without askin me question...
Milhouse
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Milhouse »

Alright guys lets get back on topic here, no sense in arguing over this, what is done is done. I gave DHL a call today and still nothing, which makes makes me think a little.

It could be that they just haven't gotten the packages ready yet. Or maybe they are shipping them with a different company, perhaps they see us calling DHL. Though that's not really any reason for them to switch...just thinking out loud i guess

Edit: yea...what Avateur said
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

This entire topic has turned into a giant flame-fest. The fact of the matter is, Microsoft chose to make Iris about rewards instead of just waiting to give the packages out at the very end. No one knew what reward would come after Server 1, just that something would happen. It's in his right to go for keys, even if it's distasteful and poor sportsmanship.

Those who actually worked to unlock the servers deserve the keys. In my opinion, DHalo should have taken his Server 3 key because he led to the public unlocking of it. He was selfless and gave it away, but that was his choice. It's my opinion that if you work to unlock a server, the key should be yours. If you don't, it shouldn't. The point is, the rewards are there and the keys are there for anyone. It's frowned upon, but it's their choice.

Stop harassing .Zip. He gets the point. The point is, it's too late now. All 5 Servers have been activated. Everyone needs to drop it and get back on topic.

As a note to the Mods, I have deleted all but a few posts pertaining to the argument and flaming after letting them sit for an hour or so.