DNA Coding

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Re: DNA Coding

Unread post by Lurono »

Good god that is a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg post!
:o :shock: :o :shock:

Very, very good work, though. I really, really hope something good comes from it :)
j41m3z
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by j41m3z »

Ceantari wrote:
bumontheroad wrote:76...7+6 is 14, 1+4 is 5...we have 5 fingers...think you may be onto something...
Before you go anywhere with "5", here's the Wikipedia on 5. (Also remember: a star is a pentagram.) "5" might be a long stretch anywhere though....

Wait no one caught that? 7+6=13 not 14
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LordOsiris »

beelzebub wrote:
LordOsiris wrote:There is one specific codon that is kinda freaking me out....

TAATAA

Apperantly, this codon is responsible for mutations that can result in pneumonia, drycoughs, lung lesions and heart failure.
Does anybody know symptoms of Flood Infection?

ps. please, no sarcastic comments.
What the heck are you talking about? That is a double stop codon. How could it possibly cause mutations?
Because the "double" stop codon would mean that 3 of the ligase particles would not be scripted by the RNA strand. there fore, the other types of codons would be Moved Up by 6. This is an example of a point mutation of insertion.
Aegis
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Aegis »

Excuse me, but the whole math thing is a little out of whack. You can add, subtract, divide, do everything, and you'll eventually get to the number you want. Unless it's got a reason behind it, and it's not just blind math (which it usually is in the Arg's case) it's kind of like, hmmm... The movie The Number 23? xD
DavFlamerock
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DavFlamerock »

Ah. Flood-infected alligator. Makes perfect sense now. *slaps self on head*
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Aegis wrote:Excuse me, but the whole math thing is a little out of whack. You can add, subtract, divide, do everything, and you'll eventually get to the number you want. Unless it's got a reason behind it, and it's not just blind math (which it usually is in the Arg's case) it's kind of like, hmmm... The movie The Number 23? xD
That is true, unless the number you have is an irrational, imaginary or infinite value-the only way you could get an actual value would be to divide it by itself to get 1.

Irrational values have no stop, so it is impossible to get to the number you want. ex. Pi.
Imaganiry values dont techniccaly "exist"- so you cannot do any mathamatical equations related to them. eg. The quotient of 0 divided by 0.
Infinite is quite self explanitory.

Sorry for the nerd rant there. ;)
Aegis
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Aegis »

Touché! :lol:
I once had an argument as to the symbol representing an imaginary number. Other person kept arguing it was and... i, I believe. I had to say, the symbol for an imaginary number is, indeed... i don't care. :roll: [/lamejoke]
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Aegis wrote:Touché! :lol:
I once had an argument as to the symbol representing an imaginary number. Other person kept arguing it was and... i, I believe. I had to say, the symbol for an imaginary number is, indeed... i don't care. :roll: [/lamejoke]
Indeed. i is the symbol, and at the same time, also the most used number.
Echilda
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Echilda »

Or j if you are an engineer.
bumontheroad
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bumontheroad »

j41m3z wrote:
Ceantari wrote:
bumontheroad wrote:76...7+6 is 14, 1+4 is 5...we have 5 fingers...think you may be onto something...
Before you go anywhere with "5", here's the Wikipedia on 5. (Also remember: a star is a pentagram.) "5" might be a long stretch anywhere though....

Wait no one caught that? 7+6=13 not 14
rofl...omg, how did i not fail math?

in any case, i was going for sarcasm, seems to have backfired...

and just to add this: i despise imaginary numbers...