The numbers left of DNA in Server4 video

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

The numbers left of DNA in Server4 video

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

ii otnemem ii pointed this out in the waveform thread, but I think that it may be a topic woth persuing.
2. The numbers to the left of the DNA sequence... if you pause the MOV file, then using the arrow keys, go frame by frame, you can see that it starts at around "000 00 00 000 00 34578 134" and is counting up, but each digit is incrementing at different intervals, so it looks random at full speed, but doesn't seem to be when slowed down. The last frame that the numbers are visible, they read "680 57 24 891 78 46791 680".
I elaborated a bit further
If the numbers have any importance, I'd bet on the number of digits being the important piece, as some numbers repeat before the next digit begins to count. The grouping of the digits is this:
3-2-2-3-2-5-3
Seven numbers. Not enough for an IP adress, but with an area code attached, perhaps enough for a phone number?
Or you could put random numbers in front or behind and try out IP adresses. I have no clue.
Point being that they may be something (or may not), but its a subject that could be of importance and I wish to bring it to light.

Again, all credit should be directed to ii otnemem ii for bringing it up in the first place.
Camth
Data [Conditional]

Re: The numbers left of DNA in Server4 video

Unread post by Camth »

None of the players I have let me go frame by frame with this file type but it appears that the numbers increase, pass back around to 0 and eventually flip over once it reaches 70 or 700. Not sure if the numbers have significance though. Similar to the dna in the video.
Ceantari
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ceantari »

I think it's just the footage's "recording counter". Sorta like their version of a frame counter or time recorded.
Echilda
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Echilda »

Doesnt this indicate this isnt a Forerunner video as the last counter (server 1 unlock) we saw counts in base 7?
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

there are some frames where the value is lowered before rising again. When I saw that happen, I gave up considering it a counter. Ultimately it's counting up, but at any point it might increase or decrease in value.

Along the same lines as the waveform to the right likely being a decoration, I'm guessing the numbers may be as well. I hope I'm wrong, but it's hard to consider a viable alternative for a code...
SyrupHorder
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SyrupHorder »

wasn't the dna in the video written out in the sample 1000101?
That's what i thought...
Whatever. I still have no idea whats gonna happen on August 16.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

nope, see the video frames with the first 20 sets, compared to sample 1000101
anyway, the DNA sequence is discussed in another thread... let's keep this one on the numbers to the left.