Server 4 Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Ceantari
Data [Conditional]

Re: Server 4 Discussion

Unread post by Ceantari »

Makes sense. I mean, it's more of a safety precaution: not want to accidentally upload something that is infected with virus (of some form) or trojan for that matter.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Okay, enough is enough. The chat-bot convoersations were funny at first, so I ignored the topic. Now, however, its just plain uncalled for. We know the bot was used to lead us to Server 04. We know by now (and knew this along time ago) that it most likely does not serve a further purpose, and is as dumb as the next bot. If you find something that is relevant to the ARG, post it. Do NOT spam this topic further with useless junk.
MjolnirMan
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by MjolnirMan »

I've missed the openings of all 4 servers so far, but I am intent in being involved with the opening of server 5. However I was wondering when the relative time of day was when the past servers have opened. Please leave atime zone if you are to reply.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

I think it was different times of the day... just random more or less.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

MjolnirMan wrote:I've missed the openings of all 4 servers so far, but I am intent in being involved with the opening of server 5. However I was wondering when the relative time of day was when the past servers have opened. Please leave atime zone if you are to reply.
The first one was 8:00 PM PST. I remember that cause Avateur was talking about it.
Gren
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Gren »

So far for a couple (or all) of the servers (I haven't really paid much attention to how the links to unlock the servers are given), we've had to go on kind of a wild goose chase; there was one server you had to play a sound clip for, and another you had to look around on Amazon for. Does anybody think that it'll be that way with Server 5? Or do you think will it be a simple "point and click" thing on theartifactlocation.com? (kind of a rhetorical question, since nobody really knows what's going to happen. But ideas?)
The first one was 8:00 PM PST. I remember that cause Avateur was talking about it.
Does anybody know what the other times were?
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

Gren wrote:So far for a couple (or all) of the servers (I haven't really paid much attention to how the links to unlock the servers are given), we've had to go on kind of a wild goose chase; there was one server you had to play a sound clip for, and another you had to look around on Amazon for. Does anybody think that it'll be that way with Server 5? Or do you think will it be a simple "point and click" thing on theartifactlocation.com? (kind of a rhetorical question, since nobody really knows what's going to happen. But ideas?)
Um. I would imagine it would be more complicated than the fourth. I would say that it would have something to do with the string of DNA given to us.

Perhaps there is an error in the string that, when entered as the password, will bring us to server 5...?

Oh, and I wsn't here for the other 3 openings. Sorry.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

The Resources Forum has the times listed in its respective Server areas.
For§aken
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by For§aken »

ok
MffnMn
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by MffnMn »

I'm new to the ARGS site so I'm not sure where to post this or if has been posted already, but I noticed that on the Artifact Location site the stars keep blinking out over time...

Again sorry if this old or in the wrong place.

EDIT: I just this had been posted already atleast on the starimage thread :oops: