Server 4 Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server 4 Discussion

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

thebruce wrote:EDIT: And no, nothing here has to do with server 5. The Artifact Location page was to be found after the opening of Server 4.
So, we are supposed to find the Artifact Location page now that Server 4 is open... all the other servers are open... and you're saying this new page has nothing to do with the one remaining server? I don't understand. What do you think the page is for?
AshofPompei
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by AshofPompei »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:
thebruce wrote:EDIT: And no, nothing here has to do with server 5. The Artifact Location page was to be found after the opening of Server 4.
So, we are supposed to find the Artifact Location page now that Server 4 is open... all the other servers are open... and you're saying this new page has nothing to do with the one remaining server? I don't understand. What do you think the page is for?
I think the text on that page will stop to reveal a location in each city to either lead us to the next clue or some sort of finale.

I feel really bad for those who don't live in or near those cities tho.
Mags89 emp
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mags89 emp »

Windows Live Agent Template - English: Humans use such interesting language sometimes.

OK, should we get back to why you've contacted me?
mags: are you human?
Windows Live Agent Template - English: What is real?

whatever i huess the bot was only good for the location thing but its still fun to play with
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

n/m... moved the post regarding the binary numbers in sample1000101.txt to this thread
krickett
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by krickett »

AshofPompei wrote:
Maimbot 9000 wrote:
I think the text on that page will stop to reveal a location in each city to either lead us to the next clue or some sort of finale.

I feel really bad for those who don't live in or near those cities tho.
to me, linking those 3 cities makes a triangle...kinda coincidental that it is pointing toward africa...
lostgeek
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by lostgeek »

What about this scrolling symbols in right of "New York" "Los Angeles" and "Seattle".

Couldn't it be Base64? I couldn't find something but probably you will...
Squetomee
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Squetomee »

lostgeek wrote:What about this scrolling symbols in right of "New York" "Los Angeles" and "Seattle".

Couldn't it be Base64? I couldn't find something but probably you will...
It's just random text.

http://www.akqa-staging.com/topsecret.xml
Injunfett
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Injunfett »

Yeah its random Txt, its still early but I think it has 10 digits each?

Also http://www.akqa-staging.com/ Is a very plain site with 3 sections you can highlight but have nothing there....

Also has the address for

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd

But I think thats just HTML stuff maybe I'm wrong..

Is AKQA even important??
DocOctavius
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DocOctavius »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:
krickett wrote:
Maimbot 9000 wrote:Where did the "boomerang" password come from?
in the .swf file I think.
Well, okay, but how were we supposed to get the password, i.e., not by brute-forcing the Flash file? I feel like there's still a step missing in all this.

From what I understood, the "unknown" image is of the Boomerang Nebula, thus the password for the hidden page... now how we were supposed to find that page I have no clue.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

yes, precisely, DocOc