[General Discussion] H3 Poem & The Castaway Theory

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Re: [General Discussion] H3 Poem & The Castaway Theory

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

thereIwasn't wrote:It was mentioned in a previous discussion that the starimages are not pictures of our night sky from any location on earth, magnified or not.
However, is the meteor shower supposed to happen at a particular time? I know that astronomers often keep track of such things. If it does, then perhaps it could give us a specific time to start looking for clues again.
Yes it is from Earth, why does no one use Search...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=883
RighteousFury
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by RighteousFury »

Not really any specific times, just throughout the night, beginning Aug. 8 and ending the 14th.
RighteousFury
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by RighteousFury »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:
thereIwasn't wrote:It was mentioned in a previous discussion that the starimages are not pictures of our night sky from any location on earth, magnified or not.
However, is the meteor shower supposed to happen at a particular time? I know that astronomers often keep track of such things. If it does, then perhaps it could give us a specific time to start looking for clues again.
Yes it is from Earth, why does no one use Search...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=883
Thanks for backing up my claim Omega.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Actually, no one is sure if the StarImages are from Earth yet. It's Photoshopped, and thus the main consensus is that the images are in no way real. Of course, they could be trying to emulate certain real aspects of our star system.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Avateur wrote:Actually, no one is sure if the StarImages are from Earth yet. It's Photoshopped, and thus the main consensus is that the images are in no way real. Of course, they could be trying to emulate certain real aspects of our star system.
True, but at least we've managed to find what elements from our own sky are still there. With the location found, now its possibly to look for photoshopped differences, like the messing up of Pisces because the Iris is there.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Just using a new post instead of editing to pull attention. Did anyone notice the new picture below the main book pic, the bloody volleyball? Can someone account of who put it there. There's a name of the poster, but I don't know who it is.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

RighteousFury wrote:Come on guys, this is obviously an intentional posting of a picture that any Amazon customer can add. This comes from the movie Castaway, which someone jokingly suggested as a theory behind the Castaway deal and Golden Wings. Don't give in to fake info so easily. There is a SOTA image of a hand on a rock, but it's still nothing relating to this. So, stop fretting over Wilson (the ball)...
That picture is not part of the ARG. Iris is too big for Tom Hanks.
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

Probably a little off topic, but don't delete this just yet, Avateur. Perhaps the "Castaway Theory" is more plausable today than it was yesterday...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070808/ap_ ... _evolution

:o
homer34
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by homer34 »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:Just using a new post instead of editing to pull attention. Did anyone notice the new picture below the main book pic, the bloody volleyball? Can someone account of who put it there. There's a name of the poster, but I don't know who it is.
the volleyball is from the movie "cast away" staring tom hanks.
it was probably put there as a joke.
Shlonster
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Shlonster »

The volleyball was me, it was a joke. I thought the Ah ha! Would give it away.... :/