[General Discussion] H3 Poem & The Castaway Theory

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Hastati
Data [Conditional]

Re: [General Discussion] H3 Poem & The Castaway Theory

Unread post by Hastati »

People should move to the "Thomas Sanatos" thread, seems more discussion about this is going on over there. Less cluttered and easier to follow for people who haven't read through this thread. But for those of you who have, we can continue here too.
seannyd
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by seannyd »

I think I've figured it all out. It's all so clear to me now, I don't know how I didn't see it before. All of the answers lie with one man.

Tom Hanks.

Think about it. "Cast Away." Tom Hanks was in a movie called Cast Away.

Golden Wings were what allowed Tom Hanks to get off his island because they were printed on one of the Fed Ex boxes he was shipping. He also used the broken port-a-potty and painted Golden Wings on there. Tom Hanks IS Iris.

And the box was sent from Russia.

There MUST be forerunners in Russia. Anyone up for a trip? I'll bring the map.

My God, this case has been broken WIDE open.
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by the new one »

Ahahahaha, that really made me rofl, craziest theory I've ever seen man!
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

A second picture has shown up posted by a customer. It looks like some random bs, but you never can be sure.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

or perhaps not. If you bring up the picture a square appears that when clicked on leads to a picture from SOTA. I wish I knew where the picture came from, or if it was even legit.
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by the new one »

I dunno about the ball, looks strangely familiar to a ball in a certain movie...
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

do we know if they guy that posted it is legit? I looked at the profile and all that he's done is post the picture with the link in it. His profile gives no further information, other than his location which is uF, ARGentina
RighteousFury
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by RighteousFury »

Come on guys, this is obviously an intentional posting of a picture that any Amazon customer can add. This comes from the movie Castaway, which someone jokingly suggested as a theory behind the Castaway deal and Golden Wings. Don't give in to fake info so easily. There is a SOTA image of a hand on a rock, but it's still nothing relating to this. So, stop fretting over Wilson (the ball)...

...and focus on this. Aug. 12 is not only the new moon, and potential Episode clue date, but it also marks the peak activity of the Perseid meteor shower. Any relevance perchance...maybe...one can cling to hope. Look at this picture and tell me if there are potential similarities with our StarImage pics:

This is a picture of the night sky with the location of the meteor shower.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

RighteousFury wrote:Look at this picture and tell me if there are potential similarities with our StarImage pics:
I'm seeing a lot of similarities--both are mostly black, both have lots of white dots of different sizes...

...sorry. :oops:

Edit: So I'm not merely making a terrible joke, let me ask: What on earth could have happened to Volman? The circumstances of his disappearance suggest he did not merely go on on a trip, or leave according to some plan--he left very suddenly and without taking anything with him. What could have set him off, and where did he go? If he didn't leave of his own accord, who could have taken him? This is what really bugs me. I don't feel like there's any existing entity or organization in the Halo universe, at this point in time, that would have been involved. It sounds like he hit upon a really good theory, of something, asked questions that aroused someone's attention, and Volman was very suddenly taken.
Last edited by Maimbot 9000 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

It was mentioned in a previous discussion that the starimages are not pictures of our night sky from any location on earth, magnified or not. <-Sry, disregard this
However, is the meteor shower supposed to happen at a particular time? I know that astronomers often keep track of such things. If it does, then perhaps it could give us a specific time to start looking for clues again.
Last edited by thereIwasn't on Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.